The air is certainly a lot crisper and cool – even in California – and this weather is still putting me in the mood for all the delicious baked goods of the holiday season, including apple pie. Actually, apple pie is incredible any time of the year (and with vanilla ice cream), but there’s a guilt-free way to satisfy this craving without compromising taste.
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients: 2 cups almond milk
3/4 cup steel cut oats
1 tbsp brown sugar
0.5 tsp vanilla
0.5 tsp cinnamon
0.5 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup craisins
2 large apples
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375F.
- Wash and core your apples.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix in the wet ingredients.
- Stuff your apples with the oatmeal mix.
- Place the apples in a baking dish. Fill the bottom with the remainder of your oatmeal mix.
- Bake for 35-50 minutes. You will know when your apples are done, when you are able to easily pierce one of your apples with a knife.
- Enjoy by itself or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe was a modification from http://ohsheglows.com/2012/10/23/baked-apples-stuffed-with-cinnamon-date-pecan-oatmeal/ and http://www.alexandracooks.com/2013/08/09/baked-steel-cut-oatmeal/
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 337, Calories from Fat 48, Total Fat 5.3 g, Saturated Fat 2.6 g, Cholesterol 10.0 mg, Sodium 34.9 mg, Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g, Dietary Fiber 6.0 g, Sugars 69.5 g, Protein 4.0 g