Grilled Turkey, Apple and Pepper jack Cheese Sandwich
Grilled cheese sandwiches are a classic favorite, try out this delicious spin on a grilled cheese sandwich for a tasty change to an old favorite.
Grilled Turkey, Apple and Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 4 thinly cut Granny Smith apple slices, skin on
- 3 slices low sodium deli turkey breast
- 1/2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Wash the granny smith apple and cut out four thin slices, keeping the skin on.
- Evenly spread the margarine on each slice of whole wheat bread.
- On the opposite side of the bread with the margarine, spread the low fat mayonnaise on the bread.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium heat.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing one slice of whole wheat bread on the skillet and then layering a slice of pepper jack cheese and then topping that with the apple slices. Next top the apple slices with the sliced turkey breast and top off with the second slice of whole wheat bread.
- Place in the preheated nonstick skillet and cook on each side until the bread is crispy and golden brown.
Calories: 402; protein: 34g; carbohydrate: 34g; total fat: 15g; dietary fiber: 6g