Originally from the shores of Hawaii and popular among surfers, the acai bowl is an easy healthy fix for breakfast or lunch. Packed with the punch of the Brazilian açaí super-fruit, the favorite selection at pop-up healthy eateries such as Backyard Bowls in Santa Barbara and Bowl of Heaven in La Verne, is rich with antioxidants – shown to be helpful in anti-aging – and can give a quick boost of energy. With a quick prep time, easy blend, fantastic taste, and great health benefits, it’s no wonder that the açaí bowl’s popularity is spreading on the mainland and has gained so much hype among food blogs.
Yields 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Sambazon Unsweetened Açaí Smoothie Pack
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- Your favorite granola or a fiber-rich cereal
- Sliced almonds
- Coconut flakes
- Honey/Agave nectar
Need: A blender
- Open up the Sambazon Unsweetened Açaí Smoothie pack and empty into the blender.
- Add the frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries into the blender.
- Cut up half of the banana and also add to the blender.
- Cover your blender and blend until the ingredients inside become a thick dark purple mixture.
- Pour into a separate bowl(s).
- Cover with the remaining half of banana to the top of your bowl.
- Add as much granola/cereal, almonds, and coconut flakes to the top of the bowl as to your liking.
- Drizzle with honey or agave nectar and enjoy!
Nutrient Information Per Serving
Calories: 168; calories from fat: 41; total fat: 4.55 g; carbohydrates: 30 g, dietary fiber: 2.73 g, sugars: 19.55 g, protein: 1.82 g (smoothie pack through banana)
Of course, there is such a huge range of different types of açaí bowls and you can definitely tailor the açaí bowl to suit your tastes! Click HERE for more recipes!