With National Nutrition month upon us, it is only fitting we share recipes for nutrition-packed snacks. And what better than to enjoy something that can be made in less than 5 minutes? For us Californians, the weather seems to be shifting back and forth between warm and chilly weather. So, here’s a smoothie that can be enjoyed no matter what the temperature is. Let’s get this Thirsty Thursday up and going with a tasty treat!
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in halves
- 1 1/2 cups of Low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of Strawberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup of Blueberries, (frozen is optional)
- Pour yogurt and milk into blender.
- After washing and cutting fruits, put all fruits into blender.
- Blend until smooth and pour into glasses for serving.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 160, Dietary Fiber: 2.8g, Protein: 6g, Sugars: 25g, Potassium: 492 mg