This recipe is for all of you with an uncontrollable sweet tooth and especially for you chocolate lovers. As I stumbled upon this recipe, I felt that these chocolate muffins would help satisfy my sweet tooth without consuming an undesirable excess amount of calories and fat. This version calls for applesauce, Greek yogurt, egg whites, and rolled oats. It’s not only very simple to make, but it can easily be modified to your liking. Give this recipe a try and take a bite of these moist, chocolaty divine muffins!
Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup Oats
- 3 Egg whites
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt (or plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Hot water
- 1/2 cup Baking stevia or 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. TIP: Remove the inner paper lining of the foil cupcake liners (paper liners tend to stick to muffins)
- In a blender (or food processor), mix all ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth
- Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans
- Place muffin tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off) and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Place muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins before removing from pan and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Calories 95; Total Fat 3 g Total Carbs 23 g Dietary Fiber 4 g Sugars 4 g Protein 5 g
Recipe provided by dashingdish.com