This is one of the most common questions that come across every dietetics student.Dietetic Internships are EXTREMELY competitive, which is why you NEED to start researching today what internships look for in an applicant so that you may boost your chances of being accepted.
- Make sure to keep up your grades as they are factored in during the internship application process. Internships generally require no less than a 3.0 grade point average.
- Paid experience is an excellent way to show internships that you are committed and can multitask.
- Looks just as good as paid experience. Get involved in your community or schools. Get involved in hospitals, the Wellness Center on campus, and student clubs.
- Become a member and join professional organizations
– Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
– California Dietetic Association
– Local Districts within California (ex. Orange County, Los Angeles County)
– Become an active member of FN Forum!
Build your resume NOW, don’t wait until it is your senior year and you are rushing to find experience, while taking on Advanced Metabolism and Foodservice! Trust me, I know from experience, and I wish someone would have warned me earlier. Start little, one step at a time.
Have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact myself, or one of our Peer Mentors. We are more than happy to point you in the right direction :)